Thursday, July 26, 2012

Kaylyn Week 2

Well week 2 started off with a family dinner at Hong Kong Garden on Saturday evening to celebrate Tyler's graduation from WWU and for being grad student of the year for the history department! Kaylyn slept the whole time so it was nice to just relax and enjoy good company and super good food:) Saturday morning was finally the last time a nurse had to come to the house to prick Kaylyn and they finally took the bili bed with them too! Thank goodness!!! We were ready to throw that thing in the trash. lol (not really though) It was just getting harder and harder to watch her go through that every day. The first couple times honestly didn't bother me so much. In my head I was like okay this has to be done so I didn't even think about it. But after a couple days and seeing her heals bruised up so bad and how much blood would get everywhere really started to build up some emotion. Probably the lack of sleep and the stress of knowing that she had to be on the bed so long didn't help anything either:) At least I could hold it together just fine when the nurse was there. I was definitely glad that Jeremy was home the first couple days. Even though he would make himself scarce when the nurse would come, he would come in room the minute she was gone and comfort us both:) He is so wonderful!

Sunday was a wonderful day. We were blessed to have our little girl baptized. It was neat that Jeremy's dad was playing organ that day so he was right up there with us. (well almost:)) Kaylyn was also wearing the same baptism gown that I was baptized in so that was really special for me. After baptism we all went to my parents house for buns and lots of other yummy food.  On Monday my friend Angela from the salon came and took Kaylyn's newborn pictures. Kaylyn was pretty much crying the whole time which was a bummer.  Especially since I fed her three times during those three hours Angela was here. lol at least you can't tell from the pictures! On Thursday Kaylyn had another doctors appointment and she gained a little bit more and is now 7lbs 9 oz! She has been gaining about a half ounce everyday so the doctor said that is exactly what she should be doing. Yay good baby:) I was really bummed though that I had to take her to the lab to get her heal pricked again:( I thought we were finally over that. She cried for the longest time too. Normally I would hear the needle go and she would give a little cry and then be done but this time she got so upset. Poor little thing! It is so hard to just sit there holding her and seeing her so peaceful and knowing that she has no idea what is about to happen. I know it has to be done but each time it is harder and harder to watch. She also only has a poopy diaper about every five days. So I know that isn't helping her jaundice much either. Sorry if that is a little TMI ha ha but that is my life right now:) Apparently that can be normal for breastfed babies so I am not getting too worried about it yet. Well that is all for now!  

 Here are a few pics of our darling little lady that my friend took. She has her own photography business that she is starting called Angela Joy Photography. Angela also took my maternity shots. She is so talented and I can't wait for her to take Kaylyn's 3 month photos!













No comments:

Post a Comment