Friday, September 28, 2012

DD Has Arrived

Today is my official due date. It's crazy to think that any day now another little blessing will be joining our family. I remember having this same feeling before Annaliese was born. It was hard to imagine another person fitting into our life, and yet within a few weeks we couldn't imagine life without her.  Love doesn't get split between children, it multiplies to encompass them all. I trust this will happen with this little one too. In fact, this baby is going to be showered with love - especially by an older brother and sister.

Over the last couple weeks, we have been making preparations for this little one. When I made it to my 38th week, we started mentally preparing for a baby coming "any time". I packed bags for everyone and cleaned up the carseat. I've also been trying to stay on top of the cleaning and laundry so I can relax as much as possible once labor progresses. Every morning I'd wake up and think, today could be the day! Immediately followed by, "Yipes! I should throw that laundry in the machine and buy some newborn diapers!"

Last week I was struck with how often I thought, "What if today is the day...". As I folded a pair of newborn socks, I was humbled to realize and be reminded that our Savior could come any day too. Up until now I have been very preoccupied with my life: the upcoming arrival of a baby, taking care of our family, homeschooling William, and so many other things. I was definitly in need of a reality check. As exciting and time-consuming as things are for us right now, I need to remember that my life is still not my own. Everyday should be lived for our Lord Jesus, to give him the honor and glory in everything. I do believe that taking care of our family and house are part of honoring God, but I was definitly focused on the earthly side of things. I pray the Lord's will is done and everything from the arrival of a baby and the return of Christ will happen in good time. I also pray for patience as we wait eagerly!



No comments:

Post a Comment